Belmond kicks off 2016 by unveiling The List, a ‘must-do’ guide of experiences designed to inspire unforgettable travel moments, exclusively curated for the year ahead.
Showcasing our collection’s most coveted cultural experiences for 2016, The List brings together exclusive locations and exceptional sights in a month-by-month travel check-list of the world’s greatest journeys, helping you dream up your next unforgettable adventure.
- The List launches in January with volun-tourism in Myanmar, as Belmond celebrates two decades of pioneering travel to the region since the launch of luxury river cruiser Belmond Road to Mandalay in 1996.
- Moving on to February, Belmond turns up the glamour at Brazil’s world-famous Rio Carnival. Belmond Copacabana Palace’s lavish Magic Ball is set to surpass all others, paying homage to the upcoming Rio 2016 Olympics.
- March invites aspiring artists to fulfil a lifetime ambition as writer-in-residence at Belmond El Encanto in Santa Barbara crafting the next Oscar-worthy original screenplay.
- April launches an Italian Renaissance with bespoke experiences in Belmond’s Italian collection of iconic hotels as they reopen for the season.
- Guests at Belmond Grand Hotel Europe in St Petersburg ring in May with an exclusive performance of ‘Midsummer Night’s Dream’ at the Mariinsky Theatre enjoyed from the exclusive setting of the Tsar’s private box.
- Celebrating the pioneering days of rail travel June brings the legendary Venice Simplon-Orient-Express' inaugural journey to Berlin, linking the historic European capitals: London, Paris and Berlin.
- Taking advantage of the seasonal high water levels, the new Belmond Eagle Island Lodge in the Okavango Delta is the place to be in July to experience a range of activities in Botswana’s most water-based safari lodge.
- August will offer the opportunity to take part in a new chapter of history as Belmond launches Ireland’s first overnight luxury train, Belmond Grand Hibernian.
- Taking a ‘moon-bath’ in September, intrepid travellers can witness a spectacular lunar rainbow over the mighty Iguassu Falls at Belmond Hotel das Cataratas, the only hotel located in Brazil’s Iguassu National Park.
- In October Belmond invites travellers to take inspiration from their journeys to enter their travel articles into a travel writer competition to be published in both Belmond’s digital and print magazines.
- Celebrating the close of a year, November is a time to give thanks and ask Pachamama (Mother Earth) for her blessings during a ceremony at one of the great wonders of the world—Machu Picchu—the Inca citadel in the Andes.
- Ringing out the year in style, in December guests can embark on a festive journey on the luxury Belmond British Pullman train, followed by an unforgettable gourmet lunch at the two Michelin-star Belmond Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons in Oxfordshire.
Discover more about this year's ‘must-do’ experiences and tag your own unforgettable travel moments with #Belmond2016.